Thursday, December 29, 2011

Keepin' it real!

I know that this is primarily an art journal blog, but I have decided to venture off topic for a minute.

I want to talk about resolutions.  Yes, I'm talking about the New Year variety.  Do you know how many times I have made and broken resolutions?  Me either, but I do know that it's a lot.

I have decided that this year I am going to make my resolution openly and to the public.  My plan is to update you on how things are going, and this will hopefully keep me motivated and accountable.  Public humiliation is a great motivator.  I mean, if no one knows your trying to accomplish something, then no one will know when you fail.

Anyhoo, so what is my New Year's resolution?  I am going to memorize all of the elements on the periodic table.!

Just kidding!  I want to lose weight like all of the other millions of Americans.  I am so tired of feeling run down and not having clothes that fit properly.  Don't get me wrong.  I think that women with curves are beautiful, but I just want my curves to be smaller.  Right now I am weighing in at....(I can't believe I am posting this for all to see)....177lbs.  I would really like to weigh 140.  This was the weight that I felt most comfortable.  I am 5'6" and I think that this is a realistic goal.  Sooooo, I jumped on the computer and signed up for Weight Watchers Online. 

I actually followed the program years ago and got down to my ideal 140lbs, but then after about a year and a half of keeping it off I just stopped working the program.  And the weight slowly came back.  So I know that the program works, if You work it! 

So that's my resolution for 2012.  To eat better, exercise more, and lose weight.  This will be my first week on the new program, so I will let you know how I do next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment