I had several composition notebooks lying around the house, so I painted gesso on the front and back covers and got creating! I covered the front and back with some cheap tissue paper I bought from Hobby Lobby, then I covered that with cheap craft paint. I used acrylic inks to add drips and drops and splatters. For the leaves, I used a handcarved stamp on already inked dictionary pages. Then I cut those out and glued them to the front. I used a black neocolor watercolor crayon to trace around the leaves. Then I wrote random Bible verses around the edge of the front and back covers. I sealed the entire thing with spray sealant and Ta-Da! This is the finished product!
It's an organized way to get your daily reading in, which helps me not feel so overwhelmed.