Saturday, March 1, 2014

This little light of mine

It has been so nice getting back into art journaling.  I really can't believe that I have been away as long as I have.  Some of the new art supplies I have been using are gauche, dyllusions ink sprays, tissue paper, and string gel.  Of course, I haven't stopped making pretty girls.  They just really make me happy!  I worked on "This little light of mine" for a few days and I covered it with string gel.  This is the first time I've ever used the gel and I love the effect it gives.  It creates a lovely waxy, glossy layer over your art, giving it more dimension.  This picture isn't the best, but in person the effect is great!

When you first put it on, it is a little cloudy.  Don't worry!  Just let it sit on a level counter for a day or two.  It will dry to a beautiful, clear glossy finish!

In between working on this piece, I also played in my art journal.  I tried to use colors that I normally don't.  It was fun, but I realized that certain colors just make me happier than others! :)

Here is one of those pages.
Not one of my favorites, but it was still fun to create.  You never know what color combinations you are going to like unless you get in there and play!

Happy creating!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment