Friday, May 9, 2014

Sketching with colored pencil



I am taking a new online art class by Jane Davenport called Whimsical Faces.  I've always liked her style.  One of the things she stresses is sketching using prismacolor pencils.  That way you can't erase and it forces you to be more loose with your sketches.  
 
This was my first "Whimsical Face" and I thought she came out pretty good!  I highly recommend Jane's class.  It's only $20.00, which I think is a steal!





Side note:  My husband left for Buenos Aires, Argentina for a month.  We have never been away from each other for that long.  He suggested that I come visit him for a few days and at first my anxiety kicked in and I couldn't imagine traveling on a plane for 10 hours.  I am claustrophobic and I have been known to have a panic attack or two!  So I was really nervous about the idea of going out of the country.  But the more I looked into it;  The more I researched Buenos Aires, I realized what an amazing opportunity this will be!  The city is rich with art!  Street art is everywhere and the buildings and cemetery are beautiful!!!  So, I will be joining my husband in about a week.  I can't wait to share with you all of the wonderful things that we will see.  I know that I will also be so proud of myself for conquering this fear.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment