Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Back in circulation


It has been over a year since I've posted anything.  I can't believe how time just gets away from me.  For awhile, I wasn't even creating.  My art desk sat unused and as much as I wanted to create, I just couldn't push myself to break out the supplies.  Well, last week I took my art supplies apart and did a major cleaning.  With everything organized and neatly back in it's rightful place I realized that organization and a clean space to work in is essential to my creative success.  Since then I've been creating every single day and filling so much more fulfilled!!!

I also noticed that I was being hard on myself for constantly reaching for the "same" colors.  I would try to branch out, but it never seemed to work.  Then I started watching the 15 minute art journaling by Rae Missigman  and I noticed that she too, tends to gravitate towards certain colors, which makes her art undeniably hers!  That's when I realized that the colors I choose are an extension of me and should be embraced.  Color is just part of the story my psyche wants to tell.  Once I let go of my expectations, things just started clicking!

Once again, the inner critic was squashed, which for me will have to be a daily battle.  That is why I think it's important to be a part of an art community.  We learn so much from each other.  We are all in this journey together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment