Thursday, January 5, 2012

Word for 2012

So I have really been thinking about the word I want to use for my inspiration in 2012.  I like the idea of coming up with a theme for the year and then creating something that represents it.  After looking up several words in the dictionary and thesaurus, the word that really spoke to me was purpose.

Purpose:
1. The reason for which something exists or is done, made, used...etc.
2. An intended or desired result; end; aim; goal
3. Determination; resoluteness
4. The subject in hand; the point at the issue.
5. Practical result, effect, or advantage.

As you know, my desired result for this year is to lose weight and feel better.  For me, the whole reason that I am in this mess in the first place is that instead of making purposeful choices, I would just turn my brain to auto-pilot and shovel anything and everything into my mouth.  I knew that it wasn't good for me, but if I didn't think about it, then it was ok.

This year I will be more purposeful in everything that I do.  It won't be easy, since I've been doing the opposite for awhile, but with God's help, I know I can.

Now I'm off to create my little piece of purpose.

1 comment:

  1. I think that is a great word! I am excited to see what you create and accomplish this year

    ReplyDelete