Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Small plane fear conquered!

So...I don't really know where I've been.  I mean it's not like I've been away on an amazing overseas vacation or busy writing a novel.  I think I've actually been avoiding my blog on purpose and I'm not sure why.  It might be because I haven't created anything worth sharing in awhile.  I used to feel bad when I didn't have any followers....but now that I have a few I feel more pressure to create something wonderful!  It's crazy that I do that to myself. 

I did do one really cool thing though.  I got to ride in a VERY small airplane!  Here's a picture of it!



I had to go to Corpus Christi for work, so the owner of our company offered to fly me in his plane. At first I was like...absolutely not!  I kept picturing myself in the air hyperventilating and acting the fool in front of our company's owner!  But then the convenience of the whole thing outweighed my fears.  If I drove, it would be around 4 hours one way.  If I flew, we were looking at maybe 1 hour!  So I tucked my fear way back in the back of my brain and hopped onto this bad boy!  It was awesome!  You could still see the ground, which for some reason made me feel better.  It was so beautiful!  Nothing like jumping on a plane  and not having to wait for everyone else to get settled.  You are literally in the air within minutes!  I'm definitely spoiled by this whole experience.  Commercial flights are so beneath me now.....just kidding! 

3 comments:

  1. Hooray! There is nothing better to conquer the uglies, even if for just a bit ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, you are SO brave! Congratulations on doing it - I think I would still be locked in the airport bathroom, lol.
    Thank you for your visit and I hope you have a great week,
    Kristin xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to love jumping on planes, now I'm a nervous wreck, not sure what happened but I am impressed by this... hey, don't feel pressure about your blog, mine needs an update too, but just do when you can, that way it's something you want to do not HAVE to do :)

    ReplyDelete