Sunday, January 9, 2011

Online Art Classes

Since my discovery of the art journal I have been obsessed!  With some of my Christmas money, I purchased my very first Moleskine art journal.  It has a black leather cover and the pages in a Moleskine are ideal for art journaling.  The one I got had the purple cover slip and it is called a sketchbook.  They sell them at most art stores and also at Barnes and Noble.  The one I got was $17.95.  A little pricey, but soooo worth it.  The pages are smooth and thick and buttery colored.  I am in love!

One of the things that I really wanted for 2011, was to expand on what little art knowledge I have acquired thus far.  You tube has been an invaluable tool and I fell in love with the artwork of Suziblu.  She is a sweet, free-spirited young woman that makes art journaling videos.  She has a blog at suziblu.typepad.com.  I went to her blog and found that she also does online art classes, most of which are self-paced downloadable videos.  I have really wanted to learn more about drawing faces and she had the perfect set of classes called Stylized Faces.  It is actually 3 classes in one and it was only $35.00!  I have to say that it was really worth it.  I am only through the first few lessons and I have already seen a huge improvement.

Side bar:  I am not affiliated with Suziblu...she doesn't even know who I am.  I am just a very satisfied customer who wants to share with others the great tools I have found. :)

Anyway, here's a picture of what I have done so far.  I have a set of Prismacolor Colored Pencils being shipped to me as we speak.  As soon as those come in, I will be able to move onto the coloring lessons and make my sweet faces come to life with color, color, color!

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha not affiliated! Well I'm glad you like the classes mama. I'm putting up your testimonial onto the schools website. Thank you for working hard. Your drawing is lovely xoxo

    ReplyDelete