Monday, January 24, 2011

PrismaCOLOR

I received my Prismacolor pencils about a week ago and they are sooo much fun.  I love how creamy and waxy they are.  It has taken me several attempts to achieve something that I felt was ok enough to post.  The coloring part of my art lessons has been a little harder than I thought.  Apparently, I have a heavy hand, so I have had to learn how to lay the color down LIGHTLY.  The faces I've done have been colored with pencil and then enhanced with paint.  Here are a couple of pictures of what I have done so far.
Mixed Media Girls
My version of Suzi Blu's red-haired girl

I still have more videos to go through and I can't wait to show you more.  Between work and my girls, it has been more of a challenge to find the time to sit down and paint.  I need several hours at a time and so that really only leaves the weekends.  But I have found that if I make art a priority in my life, then I am a much happier Mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment