Thursday, January 13, 2011

Rodeo Art judging

Ok...so I have to be a proud mamma!  My youngest daughter's artwork was picked to be judged for the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo.  She had been working hard on her painting at school and even had a slight set-back when a fellow student accidentally spilled water all over her painting.  She salvaged the painting and the teachers of her school chose her painting to be one of the ones submitted for judging!

Addison usually creates wonderful pencil drawings.  This was her first real attempt at painting.  I think she did awesome!  We went to the judging last night and her painting received a 2nd place ribbon.  I was so proud, but I think Addison was disappointed.  She is quite the perfectionist and is very hard on herself.  Unfortunately, not everyone can get first place and they shouldn't.  It is a hard lesson to learn, but I believe it is an important one.

Addison with her artwork

Mutton Bustin'

No comments:

Post a Comment