Friday, October 21, 2011

Artist Trading Cards

I have been working on my first Artist Trading Cards.  These are little 2.5" x 3.5" crescent boards.  They are durable, non-warping cards.  They are lots of fun, since their small size makes it easy to create a quick piece of art.

I started out with pencil and then I used clear gesso to protect the graphite.  Once that dried, I began shading in her face with prismacolor colored pencils.  I used cream, light peach, and peach for her skin.  I also put in highlights with white.  Her hair is also colored pencil.  When I was finished, I used mod podge to place random pieces of gold leaf.

I did have some smudging around the mouth, but I think she's pretty good for my first one.  My daughter, Addison, loved it so I gave it to her.

The second one I did the same, except for the background I used neocolor water soluble crayons.  I love how the purple makes her pop!

On this one, I used a butterfly rub-on that I found at hobby lobby.  She is my favorite so far.

If you feel overwhelmed by a large piece of blank paper, these ATC's are a great way to be creative without having to fill up a large amount of space.  Grab some ATC's, (you can find them at hobby lobby) and create something!  Don't worry about the end result.  Just enjoy the process.  I would love to see some of the amazing pieces that you create!

YOU CAN create something beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment