Monday, October 24, 2011

Watercolor paper

I decided to try working on some watercolor paper.  I got some nice, medium weight cold pressed paper from Hobby Lobby.  I have really been inspired by feathers lately, so I knew I wanted to incorporate that into my drawing.  I used a graphite pencil to sketch and then I used watercolor pencils to give her skin a wash.  After that dried, I went over the watercolor with prismacolor pencils.  Her hair and dress are done with regular watercolors and the sky is done with pastels.  The rest of it is done with prismacolor pencils.  I really enjoyed using this paper.  It took both the watercolors and pencils well.



This sweet girl gives me a sense of calm when I look at her.  It's as if she's listening to what the wind has to say.  She has inspired me to do more with this paper.  I think I'm going to do a series inspired by my friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment