Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Make something pretty

With working all summer and trying to get in some fun family time, I have not had a chance to art journal in awhile.  I am the type of person that has to be doing something all of the time and it is during the Spring and Summer that I am constantly going.  When the dust settles and the kids get back into the routine of school I tend to get down.  I go from 60 to 0 and it leaves me feeling a little empty.  A wise friend once told me that Fall and Winter was God's way of telling his children to rest and I have to agree.  Rest to me doesn't necessarily mean not doing anything.  It just means don't do as much and do things that feed your soul.  So, I sat down at my craft table Saturday and decided to journal.  I grabbed my water soluble crayons and some magazines.  I turned my thinking brain off and just started putting down color.  I then took some of my magazines and cut out images that drew my attention.  I didn't think about where things should go or what I wanted the page to look like.  I just slapped stuff on that made me feel happy inside.  About an hour and a half later I had this:

I actually like it a lot.  I mean it's not the best thing I have ever done, but it makes me smile and that is why I love to art journal.  It doesn't matter if others like it or if it even makes sense.  It feeds that creative side of me.
So, if you are feeling worn down or just blah, grab some crayons, paper, and glue and go make something pretty.  I promise you will feel so much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment