Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Art Everyday Month

So, apparently November is Create Art Everyday month. Who knew!?

 I was looking up art journaling blogs when I stumbled upon the blog creative everyday.  Leah Piken Kolidas hosts the Create Art Everyday challenge.  Basically, the challenge is just what it says....Be creative everyday!  The idea intrigued me.  I really try to sit down and create something as often as I can, but sharing something that I have created everyday is a stretch.  It's not because I lack the material, but I am so picky about what I share that probably only one out of every 20 is seen by anyone other than my husband or kids.  This challenge will help me to silence quiet the inner critic and just allow myself to enjoy the process without worrying about the end result.  I also plan on working with materials and subject matter that I have never worked with before.  I'm excited to see what happens!  I hope you join me in the challenge.  Creating everyday can mean so many things...cooking, sewing, painting, drawing, photos...whatever!  Just create!


1 comment:

  1. I love that idea! My inner critic is very opinionated, but doing something everyday is a good way to drown it out :)

    ReplyDelete